10 Best Laser Measuring Tools [Buying Guide]
To ensure the performance of any structure or decorative piece, we always need several methods of measurements, whether it is ruler, tape measure and squares. However, when using these methods, you need to remember that there is always error belonging to the human. To mitigate this kind of error, a builder needs the best laser measuring tool so that all the complicated tasks could be done for him. Before bringing a laser measuring tool home, you might read in-depth reviews about some of the best laser measuring tools available in the market for a wiser decision.
To avoid being bombarded with choices, you might read our list of some of the best laser measuring tools that receive good reviews from customers.
Top 10 Laser Measuring Tools Review 2020
DEWATT DW03050 165-Feet Laser Distance Measurer
The first laser measuring tool we want to recommend is the DEWATT DW03050 165-Feet Laser Distance Measurer. With the ability to calculate area and volume as well as automatic calculations, this measurer can help the estimates and measurement become quicker and easier. And there is no doubt why users claim it to be the best laser measuring tool available in the market. An interesting feature of this measurer that will make you fall in love with it is an indirect measurement. The DW03050 uses Pythagoras formula to measure the distance between point A and point B even in case either of them is not accessible for linear measurement.
A memory unit in this measurer is able to store up to the last five minute measurements, which will allow your tasks done quickly and exactly. In the laser measuring tool market, there are not many measurers owning the good memory unit like this one. Besides, this measurer has 2-line backlit display, so that in any light conditions, whether it is dim or bright, the screen visibility is increased, preventing you from any errors.
- The range is up to 165 feet, measurement accuracy is 1.5 mm, allowing projects to be done more effectively.
- Corner-to-corner becomes much easier thanks to its corner stand-off end post
- Portable with the dimensions of 5 x 2.9 x 7 inches
- High durability with an over-moulded housing, 6ft drop tested and IP65 water resistance
- No adjustable for angles
- Have to click the setting each time to measure square footage for different rooms
Bosch compact laser distance measure GLM 35
Receiving 1,003 ratings in Amazon, the best laser measuring tool which is produced by Bosch is worth your money, whether it comes to lightweight, durability, accuracy or easy usage. The Bosch is claimed to be the best laser measuring tool in the market because, with its help, your tasks would be completed more productively and profitably with absolute accuracy and precision. Its extensive range of line lasers, including line lasers, leaser measures, rotary lasers, point lasers, digital levels, optical levels and measuring tool accessories, allows users to easily get solutions for a wide variety of applications.
With this portable laser measurer, the information is now at your fingertips. If you have to choose three adjectives to describe this best laser measuring tool, they would be fast, simple and easy. In spite of its small size, its functions, including area, distance, length, volume, continuous measurements as well as addition/subtraction, will never disappoint you. Its measuring distance is up to 120 feet to within 1/16 inch.
- It is user-friendly whether it comes to usage or design
- Live measurement, allowing to activate the laser and watch the measurements when you come closer or farther the target (which is quite similar to a tape measurer’s feature)
- Back-lit display feature is available with better resolution, allowing users to read the measurements in low-light and no-light conditions
- Higher productivity, greater accuracy and precision
- No accessories included
- No Bluetooth to connect with your smart devices
- No memory, making it complicated when there are many measurements.
Bosch Blaze GLM 50 C Bluetooth
Another measurer from Bosch manufacturer that we highly recommend to you is the Bosch Blaze GLM 50 Bluetooth. The GLM 50 Blaze is equipped with back-lit color that helps users to see the measurements even in the darkness. With its Bluetooth technology compatible with the free Bosch MeasureOn app, there is no doubt that this measuring tool is made for every project. This function allows you to transfer and store measurements from this measurer to a smart device.
Another thing that will make you exciting is its built-in inclinometer, which allows for advanced features, including angles, min/max, stake out and double indirect. Similar to the Bosch GLM 35 we have mentioned above, this measurer provides default real-time measurement. Its massive functions, including the basics of real-time length, length, area, volume and indirect, will facilitate you in your measuring works. The all-around protection made from soft-grip will protect the device from damage better, thus you can keep it longer.
With the range of 165 feet, this Bosch measurer could be suitable for any project, whether you are just doing DIY or making a bedroom wardrobe.
- Measure directly with the use of Pythagorean theorem
- Pinpoint recurring marks along a line
- Being portable, allowing easy accessibility when performing tasks
- Transferring measurements from the measurer to your smartphone via a free app
- The memory can save up to 30 measurements
SUAOKI S9 198ft Portable laser distance measure
Suaoki products have been known for their functionality and versatility and the Suaoki S9 laser measuring tool is not an exception. This measurer is considered the best laser measuring tool thanks to its wide scope of application. Its multi-measurement allows you to use it in construction sites, interior design and home improvement. The backlight display is available which can help users to easily and correctly read the measurements even in the low-light and no-light conditions. In addition, to facilitate users in their measuring process, this measuring device allows saving 20 measurements.
- Can measure the range of 0.05-198 feet with the accuracy to 1/16 inch
- Support both imperial and metric units
- Multiple modes, facilitating measurement greatly (single and continuous distance, area, volume, Pythagoras for height and triangular area, addition and subtraction)
- Allow changing your reference point among the front, the rear of the device and a rear plastic piece
- Against all odds with its material of rubber (rainproof, dustproof and shockproof)
- The unit switch is available (meter – feet – inch)
- High accuracy, allowing to obtain a fast and accurate result like the one obtained in tradition tape method
- No Bluetooth available
- The memory of 20 measurements may not suitable for a large project
DMiotech Digital Distance Meter
The next candidate in the list of the best laser measuring tool is DMiotech digital distance meter. The first impression of this measure is its measurement which allows easy addition or subtraction. Besides, you also can upfront/rear benchmark and switch the measurement between meter, inch and feet, which allows tasks to be done in the most effective way. The large LCD with backlit helps users to read the measurements more easily. The dimension of 7.1 x 5.9 x 2.4 inches make it portable so that you can easily take it with you.
- High accuracy and a wide measuring range which is up to 40 meters
- With one-button operation, users can measure the distance, area and volume quickly
- Indirect measurement (Pythagorean theorem) is available.
- Can be used in construction and industries (large areas such as rooms, apartments, buildings, real estates, factories, warehouses,…)
- Different colors (yellow, red) and different sizes (40m, 60m, 80m, 100m) are available
- Auto-correction and error report
- Exposure to sunlight may affect the laser distance meter ability to recognize the laser beam.
Leica DISTO D2 New 330ft Laser Distance Measure with Bluetooth 4.0
This best laser measuring tool is made by Leica Geosystems, an eastern Switzerland company which is well known for its products and systems for surveying and geographical measurement. This new measurer is designed based on the classic Leica DISTO D2. If you are about to select the best laser measuring tool for the site, this measure will be a perfect choice. With the Bluetooth feature, all the measurements will be transferred to your desired smartphone or computer, enabling effective storing and avoiding some common mistakes.
In addition, this Leica Disto D2 is equipped with several measurement modes, including area, distance, length, volume, single indirect, continuous measurement, stakeout and minimum/maximum. The variety of measurement mode can be useful in many cases, especially when it comes to a large project. For instance, when you need to calculate the total costs of a project based on areas. Besides, in the case of measuring point that cannot be reached directly, you can use indirect measurement, which is effective and quick.
Another reason why Leica Disto D2 is considered an amazing laser measuring tool for interiors is its accuracy of 1/16 inch (approximately 1.5mm) and a range of 330 ft (approximately 100m).
- It is portable. With the dimensions of 1.7 x 1 x 4.6 inches, it is enough to be fit in any pocket, thus you can take them with you without any difficulty.
- Easy to transfer the measurements into any desired smart devices.
- Operating temperature range is from 140F to 1220F (or from -100 to 500C), which is suitable for many different weather conditions.
- Measurement memory: 10 last measurements
- Continuous measurement is allowed
- Easy to read the measurements
- Perfect accuracy
- It is durable with a protection class of IP54 as well as dust and splash protection.
- Intelligent end-piece can be useful in many circumstances
- The backlit screen allows reading the measurements much easier even in the conditions like low light or no light.
- No outdoor viewfinder is available
- You need to register the product with Leica in 8 weeks from buying to get the 3-year warranty. This process is simple but many people do not follow as they think that the warranty takes effect automatically from the date of buying. Remember this to ensure your warranty profit.
Leica Disto E7100i 200ft laser distance measure with Bluetooth
Another laser measuring tool from Leica manufacturer which receive much support these days is Leica Disto E8100i. The very first thing that we notice when using this measurer is it is compact. With 4.75 inches long and 3.25 ounces, it is now the smallest laser measuring tool available in the market. Thus it does not take up too much space in your pocket and is comfortable when using.
The operation of this best laser measuring tool is simple, even for a newbie who has not done the measuring before. There are only four buttohttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D8HNPSKns: Bluetooth button, switching between measurement modes, on / measuring and clear / off. Another advantage is that the automatically illuminated display is rotated by 90 degrees, allowing reading measurements with no difficulty.
There is also an auto signal feature equipped in this best laser measuring tool but you can switch it off so to save energy for the batteries. The Disto E7100i is easy to read, so errors related to wrong measurement reading could be reduced or even eliminated. The removable pocket clip is a useful assessor enable it to be attached to your pocket, belt, jacket or tool pouch easily.
Add to this, there are also several interesting functions. The min/max function allows you to sweep the laser point into a corner whereas the area/volume function allows measuring the area of a rectangle or square in two shots and adding a third vertical shot to calculate the volume.
An outstanding feature included is the Bluetooth interface. The E7100i is compatible with many smart devices. Therefore, you can transfer the measurements into your device for better recording and storing. When connecting with the app, you can easily capture the floor plans or the entire room. The measurements recorded could be sketched directly on photos so that you can save it as an image file, PDF file or you can send it to the office.
- It is portable and easy to use
- The extended function you really should try ( Bluetooth Smart technology, Leica Disto sketch app)
- It is easy to carry with removable pocket clip
- Continuous measurement and area calculation are available
- Dust and splash protected, allowing working in harsh conditions
- High accuracy
- A quite low durability
- High price
Urceri laser measure
Urceri laser measure is always in high demand for its incredible functions as well as a perfect design. This is also the reason why it is considered the best laser measuring tool in the world, together with other measures. The digital measurement tape can reach to 40 meters with a nearly absolute accuracy of +/- 2mm. Its size of 1.2 x 0.8 x 4.1 inches allows you to take it everywhere and manage it with one hand while working on the measurements.
Besides, this Urceri measurer is able to calculate area and volume automatically. There are several modes, including distance, volume, area measurement, continuous measurement and Pythagoras measurement, enabling you to perform your measuring task in the most effective manner.
With the ability to save up to 30 measurements, Urceri laser measurer helps you to avoid losing data during the process. After 30 records, you need to write down the measurements and start a new stage of recording measurement.
- Lightweight and compact design, which allows you to use it with one hand
- Convenient and accurate measurements
- The backlit screen allows reading measurements with no difficulties
- Full application measurements are available
- Facilitate measurement in hard-to-access areas (high ceiling)
- Low IP rating
- Can be used indoor only
General Tools LTM1 2-in-1 laser tape measure
General Tools LTM1 2-in-1 laser tape measure, like its name, has two accurate measuring tools, including a 50 feet distance measurer and a 16 feet tape measurer. Some people claim that it is unnecessary to combine both measuring types in one measurer. However, you would find this feature is much more amazing and useful when it comes to measurement of DIY, for instance.
What is more, this measurer is extremely easy to use. With only one button operation, allowing fast, easy and accurate long-distance laser measurements. General Tools LMT2 is able to measure up t0 50 feet with the laser fast and accurately. So in general, it is a good measurer if you want to have the two options in one measurer.
- Dual tape and digital measure
- One button control
- High precision with measure distance for ¼ inch to 50 feet
- Easy to use
- Narrow tape
- Poor laser placement
Leica Geosystems Disto E7500i 660ft laser distance measure
Disto E7500i is another measurer from the producer Leica Geosystems which appears in the list of the best measuring. Its operation is modern and in some ways, you will feel that it is similar to the logic operation of a mobile phone. For the numerous features included in the measurer, the ease of use is an important one that you need in this best laser measuring tool.
One of the amazing features you will find when using this measurer is its IP D5. This allows the laser distance not to be affected by water conditions. Besides, the 3600 tilt sensor helps you to measure angles and horizontal distances. This feature, in combination with the viewfinder indirect measurement methods, could be useful in some cases. For instance, when you need to measure in bright light and the reflective point for targeting is invisible.
Another reason why this Disto E7500i is considered the best laser measuring tool is its absolute accuracy with 650 feet range indoor and outdoors up to 1mm accuracy. In sunlight, you can use a special integrated long-range mode to read the measurements.
- The intelligent End piece is included
- Averaged battery life is up to 5 hours
- Water jet protection and dust-tight
- High accuracy
- Pythagoras calculation is available
- The memory of up to 30 measurements
- 14 modes of measurements
- Battery life is not long
- Quite expensive
What to consider when buying a laser measuring tool?
A newbie would find it hard to choose the right laser measuring tool. Here are the criteria you need to focus on when choosing the best laser measuring tool.
Yes, quality should be the priority when choosing a laser measuring tool. You should select the certified class II laser products. A beeper is fine for its ability to notify when a laser measurer is in use.
Ease of use
Of course, the ease to use is necessary. More modes mean more controls. A tool with fewer modes is easier to use. If you just a laser measuring tool for home usage, there is no need for fancy modes. So opt for a simpler one so that you can use the tool without any difficulties.
So for the first time buying a laser measuring tool, don’t hesitate, just choose a well-known brand. This is a wise choice as you could be assured of the quality and performance of the laser measuring tool.
Functionality is a must as it must suit your purpose. Most measurer in the market provides basic functions such as calculating distance, area and volume. You can choose a high-tech for on-site tasks, whereas if it is just for household usage, a basic one is enough.
Memory function helps you to save the measurements so as not to interrupt your process. Many measurers can provide sufficient storage feature, and of course, will be a little bit more expensive. Buy the one with the measurements of at least 10 and your work could be done effectively and easily.
The range points out how far the measurer can reach and within this distance, the measurer will give you the most accurate measurements. Normally, you should choose the measurer with a range of over 100 feet – the minimum. The general advice is buying a measurer with a range of 200 feet as it will allow you to measure the distance of many things.
Accuracy is considered a crucial factor to consider when selecting a laser measuring tool. No matter what your project is, whether it is an outdoor large project or an indoor small DIY, you all want it to be as accurate as possible. Therefore, accuracy rating is a must for a measurer. In the market, there are two typical types of accuracy rating, including 1/8th and 1/16th of an inch. The better accuracy rating, of course, is the 1/16th of an inch because it allows the lowest estimation when measuring. However, the1/8th an inch is still fine and is cheaper than the other. So you can consider your demand and your budget to choose the best laser measuring tool.
A note is that the accuracy of a laser measuring tool is affected by several factors. Less accuracy will occur in case of range limit and under less ideal conditions (rain, sunny,…). For instance, if you carry out the works in humid days, the beam could be interfered by water vapor in the air, thus delivering less accurate measurements.
Battery backup, visibility and display
The longer life of the battery, the less you have to charge it. Unfortunately, the normal battery life is often 2-4 hours, which means that you have to charge it frequently. This can cause interruption to your measuring tasks. So, choose the one with a long battery life.
You should check the display of the laser measuring tool to ensure it is easy to read. It is not only about the number but also about all the information being displayed. In addition, a measurer with a large backlit LCD should be considered as it will help you to read the measurements in no light or low light conditions without any frustration.
A laser measuring tool facilitates you in the process of measuring for your projects. The laser measuring market is full of products with different designs and functions, which can make you confused to choose the best laser measuring tool to suit your purpose. So consider the eight criteria we have listed to choose the right laser measuring tool for you. If you find this article useful, share it with your friends.